- Gong Yoo to make a cameo in ‘Dating Agency: Cyrano’
- KPop Who Am I #21
- SISTAR releases dance practice video for “Give It To Me”
- M4M’s “When You Leave Me” tops Yin Yue Tai chart
- Henry’s ‘Trap’ takes top spot of Taiwan’s KKBOX chart
- U-Kiss to embark on South America tour
- Uhm Tae Woong welcomes new baby girl to his family
- Lee Hyori displays her bikini body in ‘Cosmopolitan’
- KARA’s Jiyoung shows a mature look for ‘InStyle’
- 2NE1’s CL is the baddest female for ‘GQ Korea’
Category Archives: stage greeting
On May 11, actor and singer Nishikido Ryo (of Kanjani8) was supposed to lead the opening day stage greeting of his new film ‘Kenchou Omotenashi Ka‘, but he and the audience soon discovered that he’s not fit to be a host.
Nishikido fumbled with his words right from the beginning and picked at himself for doing that. He even suggested redoing the greeting, which amused the audience and his co-stars. He apologized, “Please excuse my poor hosting skills. I will never do this again.”
The greeting was also attended by the supporting cast, which includes Horikita Maki, Funakoshi Eiichiro, Kora Kengo, Seki Megumi, Komoto Masahiro, and Matsuo Satoru. The author of the original novel – Arikawa Hiro – and director Miyake Yoshishige were present as well.
During the greeting, Nishiko also earned some warm laughs for trying to make Horikita host the event with him. After all she hosted last year’s ‘Kouhaku Uta Gassen’, but she refused in the style of the character she plays in the movie – a part-time worker. She replied, “I’ll only help you if you pay me for working part-time.”
Later she commented on his restless self, “Your nervousness is making us nervous too.” He replied, “I can’t help it. I don’t want to do this anymore.”
The audience enjoyed the film and greeting with the clumsy host.